Focus HR Solutions has been joined by Guernsey Employment Trust and we invite you/our clients to a lunchtime session to discuss ideas and concerns regarding Reasonable Adjustments. Currently, employers are encouraged to consider making reasonable adjustments to ensure that they implement good practice, offer equal employment opportunities and that a disabled person is not discriminated against or disadvantaged. With discrimination legislation on the horizon, Guernsey employers will see the need to make reasonable adjustments become a statutory requirement.
This discussion will assist employers to prepare for forthcoming legislation by; providing an overview of the barriers and challenges faced by disabled people, offer some practical guidance on what is considered reasonable, look at what employers should consider, provide some examples and testimonials, and give an overview of the legislation.
Date and Location
The event will be taking place on Tuesday 22 September at the Chamber of Commerce Business Development Centre.
- 12:00-12:30 – Registration, networking, buffet lunch and drinks
- 12:30-13:45 – Interactive workshop with questions and answers
- 13:45-14:00 – An opportunity to speak individually to representatives from Focus HR Solutions and Guernsey Employment Trust, or to book a follow-up appointment.
Benefits to You and Your Organisation
By the end of the session, participants will be able to:-
- Broaden your knowledge and gain an understanding of the problems and needs of disabled people
- Update your understanding on the progress of local discrimination legislation
- Understand Reasonable Adjustments – what it means, what to consider and examples
- Introduce good practice procedures into the workplace and eliminate discriminatory elements from employment practice in preparation for the legislation
- Improve management skills and increase confidence in addressing the issues in relation to employment and disability
Participants will also be provided with the Employment and Disability: Good Practice Guide for Employers in Guernsey; the Employers’ Disability Charter and information on relevant support services in Guernsey.
The information session will include a group discussion exercise, presentation and question and answers session. There will also be an opportunity to network and learn form other attendees experiences.
Who Should Attend?
Small business owners, Human Resources/Personnel Managers, Line Managers, Supervisors, those with recruitment and selection responsibilities and staff dealing with employment issues in the workplace.
Reserve your Space
We aim to ensure that people have equal access to events. If you need assistance with booking a ticket, need alternative formats of presentation materials, have requests regarding the room layout, need assistance with getting to the venue or moving within the building, or if you have any other reasonable adjustments/special requirements then please contact Elaine on 247999 or via email at [email protected] . Please make your request at least a week before the event so that arrangements, where possible, can be made.
We’re taking photos at the event, which we hope you are happy to be in.
A photograph of an individual represents “personal data” under the General Data Protection Regulation (2016/679 EU) (GDPR), and its display also has implications under the privacy provisions of the Human Rights (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Law 2000.
Both Focus HR and Guernsey Employment Trust use the photos from our events to showcase the range of services we offer to the business community; to help us promote future events and in other places too like our website, flyers and social media.
We therefore ask that you notify John Ioannou-Droushiotis from Focus HR ([email protected] or call 728824) or Elaine Strappini from Guernsey Employment Trust ([email protected] or call 247999) if you’d prefer not to be in any photos.