Our Client, Boatworks are looking to recruit a Chandlery Assistant to assist in the busy chandlery and retail shop with an emphasis on quality output of work, customer service excellence and being an ambassador for Boatworks.
Boatworks is a multi-offering marine business based directly on the waterfront within Guernsey’s picturesque St Peter Port harbour. Catering for all marine and leisure needs, they provide a wide range of quality products including general chandlery, casual and technical clothing, leisure equipment, direct fuelling for all vessels from two sites and an array of professional boatyard services.
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent service
- Coordinate fuel deliveries and manage fuel tank levels and requirements on a day-to-day basis
- Carry out daily checks within chandlery
- Ensure fuel pontoon is checked frequently ensuring steps are clear and railing chains are kept closed as required, hoses not in water
- To assist with serving fuel to customers ensuring a good experienceEnsure daily checks to coffee machine have been carried out
- Ensure the chandlery is generally kept tidy and fully stocked
- In less busy times ensure all shelves are tidy and products bought forward
- Work to build the relationship between Boatworks and delivering the best customer experience
- Effectively use the Kudos and EPOS system
- Check fridge temperatures daily
- Check food and beverages expiry dates daily
- Any other duties as and when reasonably required
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- Saturday working with a day off in lieu
- A Competent person to assist with fuel deliveries and ordering and run the fuel forecourt
- Computer Literate
- Responsible keyholder
- Ability to work as part of a team but also think for themselves self-motivated
- Knowledge of boating or fishing would be advantageous
- Working in a busy environment during our peak season
This role is being offered as a Tuesday to Saturday working pattern.
Experience in a supervisory role would be beneficial as the candidate would be the most senior member of staff on Saturdays.
Applicants for this role must be over the age of 18 as they will be in control of the fuel forecourt.
For applications or further information about any of this position contact [email protected]