3.5 Hour – Managing the Unmanageable – Challenging Behaviours in the Workplace
Fortunately, the majority of interactions in the workplace are positive, polite and professional. However, occasionally we encounter a colleague (or even a client) who seems rather more ‘challenging’.
Challenging and excessive behaviours can be difficult to manage. Left unaddressed they can be damaging to a business and its employees (including managers and HR professionals) leading to low morale, loss of productivity and increased staff turnover.
This interactive event will provide you with skills to confidently identify challenging behaviour, recognise the impact it can have on individuals and the business and practice strategies to manage these behaviours effectively.
Who is this best suited to?
Delegates from all sectors of work, including:
• Line managers, supervisors and team leaders
• HR professionals
• Business owners
• Individuals who wish to further their professional development
What will I learn from this training?
• Identifying extremely challenging behaviours
• The impact of extremely challenging behaviour on individuals and the organisation
• Difficult personality types
• What drives difficult behaviours
• Disability and mental health/balancing conduct with capability
• The role of neurodiversity and related conditions
• The key factors and the traps to avoid when managing difficult personality types
• Effective strategies to manage extremely challenging behaviours
• What to do when you can’t take any more …
• Using formal measures safely and effectively
• What if the challenging behaviour is coming from a client?Enquire now