Our client, St John Ambulance Guernsey are seeking an experienced Human Resources Manager to join their team.
The successful candidate will be expected to provide timely and efficient HR support to the Executive Team in order to meet the objectives of the HR strategy in line with St John’s values. Delivering a professional and efficient HR advisory and support service to our managers, staff and volunteers.
- Be responsible for the recruitment process, liaising with managers, arranging and attending interviews, prepare new starter information, including DBS checks and contractual documentation. Providing guidance and formation of leadership structures and succession planning.
- Ownership and maintenance of the HR system, training, mentoring and coaching managers and staff in the use of HR database.
- Overseeing all administration functions carried out by the HR Administrator including joiners and leavers processes.
- Liaise and support line managers to ensure end of probation and performance reviews are done on time and with appropriate training.
- Proactively seek to implement new technologies or initiatives which support the values and ethos of the organisation.
- Monitor and update HR policies and procedures in line with changes in best practice and legislation, including regular review of Contracts and Handbooks.
- Monitor and oversee, providing MI data for employee CPD, training and qualifications.
- Respond to general HR queries, grievances, disciplinary, investigation and mediation, advising on best practice or escalating to outsourced assistance as needed.
- Overseeing the smooth communication of payroll data to the finance team in an orderly and timely manner.
- Ongoing maintenance of employee records, ensuring that personal data is secured and GDPR regulations followed in respect of personnel records.
- Ensure that all staff complete the required regulatory policies on an annual basis via continual monitoring of the HR system, produce appropriate correspondence including letters and emails to staff, external suppliers and members of the public.
- Prepare contractual documentation amendments and other staff communications as required.
- Coordinate, monitor and report on absence management process and statistics.
- Promote employee wellbeing, assisting managers with employee absence and monitoring absence statistics, ensuring proactive follow up with employee’s absence.
- Maintain the HR pages of the intranet.
- Prepare accurate employee information regularly for a variety of committees as required, including statistics in relation to HR KPIs including absence, employee turnover and manpower returns.
- First point of contact for queries in relation to all employee benefits schemes.
- Preparation of data, as required, by internal and external auditors.
- Preparation of HR initiatives and projects such as succession planning, job profiles and annual remuneration and benefit reviews. This includes taking the lead on annual pay and review requests from the Unite Union.
- Advising managers with implementation of performance management processes as may be required, including performance reviews, re-deployment, secondment, promotion, capability management, disciplinary processes, grievances etc.
- Ensure effective delivery of HR related administrative processes, including:
- RIDDORS reporting and informing insurers of any long-term sickness
- The administration of the Population Management portal
- DBS checks and other pre-employment formalities
- Liaison with Managers with regards to ad-hoc initiatives, establishing and maintaining good relationships with managers at all levels.
- Working with and establishing strong relations with the trade union representatives.
- Keep up to date with HR and industry related best practice and legislation.
- Support the development of HR policies and procedures and their timely and effective implementation.
- Provide information and support to employees to promote mental wellbeing and arrange counselling where required.
- Monitor and ensure all staff remain current with routine immunisations.
- Undertake other duties commensurate with position as may be required.
- Hold a relevant CIPD Qualification
- Previous HR experience of at least five years or more
- A keen interest in Human Resources
- Ability to grasp internal processes and systems quickly
- Experience of using HR systems and data bases. Knowledge of Breathe HR would be advantageous.
- An awareness of employment legislation within Guernsey and an understanding of when to escalate issues when outside of capabilities
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and proven accuracy skills
- The ability to prioritise workload
- Good problem-solving skills with the ability to use own initiative
Ethics & Behaviours
- Maintains and promotes high ethical standards by demonstrating honesty, integrity and enthusiastically to meet and exceed the expectations of our stakeholders, colleagues and intermediaries
Must display our values:
- Humanity, treating others with compassion and respect
- Excellence, taking pride in an excellent job
- Accountability, delivering what we promise
- Responsiveness, constantly learning and improving
- Teamwork, working together efficiently
For applications or further information please contact [email protected]