Responsibilities and Prescribed Positions
Compliance Officer and Money Laundering Compliance Officer (“MLCO”) with direct responsibility for MWIL as a general investment business licensee, and as Principal Manager of the ICC. As MWIL is the appointed administrator and custodian of MMLGB and MIIP, this includes responsibility for compliance as the appointed administrator for MIIP and MMLGB Money Laundering Reporting Officer (“MLRO”) for MWIL. This role will report directly to the Board.
Successful candidates will hold the ICA Diploma in Compliance and either Anti Money Laundering or Financial Crime Prevention, and have at least five years financial services compliance experience in insurance and investments.
Role Summary – Compliance
- Assist the Board and senior management to ensure that procedures are developed and implemented to enable MWIL to comply with current legislation and regulations in all jurisdictions applicable to the Guernsey
- Monitor compliance with procedures and produce regular reports on any findings.
- Review documentation of the Guernsey Entities, identify areas of risk and potential regulatory issues and provide adequate remedial solutions.
- Liaise with counterparties in MML, for example Compliance, Risk, Chief Information Officer, forensics, etc.
- Provide professional advice and guidance to MWIL and senior management regarding compliance matters.
- Build relationships with internal and external stakeholders as well as the wider compliance community within MML.
Role Summary – MLCO
- Assist the Board and senior management to ensure that policies and procedures are developed and implemented to enable MWIL to comply with all statutory obligations and provisions in Schedule 3 of the Criminal Justice (Proceeds of Crime) (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Law, the Handbook and the Relevant Enactments applicable.
- Acting as the key person in MWIL for the implementation of anti-money laundering / countering terrorist financing (‘AML/CTF’) strategies and policies.
- Monitor compliance with the policies and procedures and produce regular reports on any findings.
- Liaise with the Compliance Department of the Insurance Manager / General Representative of MIIP and MGB on a regular basis.
Role Summary – General
- Undertake Continuing Personal Development and maintain record as required.
- Any other duty appropriate to the nature and level of responsibility of the role.
- Extensive knowledge of Compliance and AML/CTF legislation, regulations and prevention measures.
- Extensive knowledge of the International Investment industry.
- Strong awareness and understanding of external environment affecting the industry generally and the Guernsey Entities in particular.
- MS Office
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to listen attentively, extracting important information, able to convey ideas clearly and concisely.
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise effectively.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to deliver quality output to deadlines, sometimes under pressure.
- Ability to manage, support, coach and motivate other team members.
- Focuses on outcomes
Attitude and Values
- Meets the Fit and Proper requirements of the GFSC guidance on an ongoing basis.
- Demonstrates core values through actions
- Shares knowledge with others.
- Results driven