Our client, Apax Partners Guernsey are looking for a Fund Accountant to join their team here in Guernsey. The role holder will be responsible for accounting for several private equity structures administered by Apax Partners Guernsey. Applicants must be qualified Certified ACCA or chartered ACA or equivalent and must possess previous private equity experience and knowledge of FRS 102.
The responsibilities of this role are:
- To prepare the financial statements of the general partner entities, carried interest and co-investment vehicles to audit standard.
- To prepare the quarterly reporting of the general partner entities (to be provided to the Boards of Directors).
- To prepare quarterly capital account statements for limited partners of the general partner entities, carried interest and co-investment vehicles.
- To prepare calculations relating to general partner share, carried interest, management fee waivers and other incentive-related arrangements.
- To prepare Capital Adequacy calculations for the licensed general partner entities
- To prepare adhoc financial reporting as requested.
- To prepare call and distribution calculations for limited partners of the general partner entities.
- To prepare various regulatory and tax submissions for the general partner entities, carried interest and co-investment vehicles.
- To perform a first review on work prepared by other Fund Accountants within the team.
- To liaise with auditors throughout the audit process.
- To attend and contribute to team meetings.
- To work with the broader fund administration team in Guernsey & London to answer investor queries.
- To assist with accounting projects and other initiatives for the benefit of the APG Group.
- To provide support to other areas of business, including cash management, investor communication and the investment/ divestment process, as required.
- Qualified Certified (ACCA) or Chartered (ACA) Accountant (or equivalent).
- Private equity and/or Fund experience.
- Knowledge of FRS 102
- Willingness to adapt, challenge and continually develop.
- Honesty and ability to deal with sensitive information.
- Team player and ability to work in a non-hierarchical structure.
- Organisation and time management skills.
- Ability to prepare high quality written work and to communicate professionally.
- Competency in using task management software.
- Advanced competency of the Microsoft suite of products, particularly Excel.
For further information, applications and C.V.’s please email: [email protected]