Our client, Apax Partners is the #1 Promoter of Funds in Guernsey. Aiming to attract passionate and bright individuals, who will thrive in their culture of integrity, inclusion, collaboration, entrepreneurialism, and continuous learning.
Apax are seeking a Fund Accountant to join a small team of dedicated fund accountants in their Guernsey office to support the business with delivering a best-in-class service. This would be on a fixed term one year contract to cover Maternity leave between Q1 2024 to Q4 2024.
The successful candidate would be entitled to 25 days holiday per year (pro-rated) which will be accrued from the commencement of the contract but can only be taken after the completion of their first three months of employment. They will not be entitled to paid bank holidays.
They are looking for a responsible accountant for a number of private equity structures. To prepare and maintain the accounting records for both corporate entities and limited partnerships related to those structures and to perform a first review of work performed by other Fund Accountants on similar structure. Our client are looking for an individual that will be able to hit the ground running with experience of both Investran and Private Equity.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To prepare the financial statements of the general partner entities, carried interest and co-investment vehicles to audit standard
- To prepare the quarterly reporting of the general partner entities (to be provided to the Boards of Directors)
- To prepare quarterly capital account statements for limited partners of the general partner entities, carried interest and co-investment vehicles
- To prepare calculations relating to general partner share, carried interest, management fee waivers and other incentive related arrangements
- To prepare Capital Adequacy calculations for the licensed general partner entities
- To prepare adhoc financial reporting as requested
- To prepare call and distribution calculations for limited partners of the general partner entities
- To prepare various regulatory and tax submissions for the general partner entities, carried interest and co-investment vehicles
- To perform a first review on work prepared by other Fund Accountants within the team
- To liaise with auditors throughout the audit process
- To attend and contribute to team meetings
- To work with the broader fund administration team in Guernsey & London to answer investor queries
- To assist with accounting projects and other initiatives for the benefit of the APG Group
- To provide support to other areas of business, including cash management, investor communication and the investment/ divestment process, as required
- Private equity and/or Fund experience
- Knowledge of UK GAAP
- Team player
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge and experience of the Microsoft suite of products, particularly Outlook, Word and Excel
If this role interests you, please contact [email protected]