Our client, Apax Partners is the #1 Promoter of Funds in Guernsey.
Aiming to attract passionate and bright individuals, who will thrive in their culture of integrity, inclusion, collaboration, entrepreneurialism, and continuous learning.
An exciting and rare opportunity has arisen for the right individual to join a small team of dedicated fund accountants in their Guernsey office to support the business with delivering a best-in-class service.
As well as taking ownership for all levels aspects of reporting, this role requires building strong relationships with other private equity fund accountants in London. Knowledge of private equity is desirable.
Apax Partners Guernsey offers a comprehensive compensation package including pension, medical, dental and travel insurance not only for you but for your family too.
This position requires a strong team player with the ability to work to strict deadlines. Establishing and maintaining in-depth relationships and knowledge of the private equity funds and related entities managed by Apax Partners Guernsey is a key part of this role.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To take ownership of all aspects of reporting for general partner entities, carried interest and co-investment vehicles, including, but not limited to:
- Audited and unaudited annual financial statements
- Quarterly reporting to the general partner entities (to be provided to the Boards of Directors)
- Quarterly capital account statements for limited partners of the general partner entities, carried interest and co-investment vehicles
- To take ownership of other computations/technical matters related to the general partner entities, carried and co-investment vehicles, including, but not limited to:
- Calculations relating to general partner share, carried interest, management fee waivers and other incentive related arrangements
- Capital Adequacy calculations for the licensed general partner entities
- Call and distribution calculations for limited partners of the general partner entities
- Various regulatory and tax submissions for the general partner entities, carried interest and co-investment vehicles
- To perform a first review on work prepared by other Fund Accountants within the team
- To liaise with auditors throughout the audit process
- To attend and contribute to team meetings
- To work with the broader fund administration team in Guernsey & London to answer investor queries
- To assist with accounting projects and other initiatives for the benefit of the APG Group
- To provide support to other areas of business, including cash management, investor communication and the investment/ divestment process, as required
- Private equity and/or Fund experience
- Knowledge of UK GAAP/ FRS 102
- Team player
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge and experience of the Microsoft suite of products, particularly Outlook, Word and Excel
- Prior knowledge of Investran would be advantageous
If this role interests you, please contact [email protected]